Saturday, January 31, 2009

Farewel Party

Tahun 2009 ini, both my parents are retired. Well, for my dad it's for sure coz it's already his time to retire. Well, he has served for 30 years. And my mom, she decided to forward her retirement as the banking ambiance is not very welcome for employee aged more than 53. So, the best decision was to retire. And she could manage the process within 3 months. Finally, both of them could feel the retirement together. God has planned everything.

And another story is that my dad's colleagues gave him a farewel party today. So his colleagues invited our family to have lunch together. At first, I never wanted to go with my dad. As my mom was out of town for the following week. She said "please, come to the party with your dad". I was so... so reluctant. Well, this time I couldn't say no. In brief, I accompanied my dad to have lunch. Then, we met some of his friends. They're my dad's old friends. They have been working together for dozens of years. So, the meeting was okay. And some of them brought their wives. And voilà, Unde dame recognized me. "You have the same shape, wida", she said. You did not change your figure. You're still big wida. And I laughed. She reminded me of her daughter because her daughter and some my dad's colleagues children, we went always in sort of "moslem retrait" during summer holiday.

Suddenly, pieces of images, crossed in my mind. My dad always signed me up for a retrait during summer holiday when I was in elementary school. I think the activity ran for 3 or 4 years. And I was always be in the occasion. A whole day activity from 8am - 4pm.
The pupils were all peers. Our mom and dad always dropped us off and picked us up at 4pm from monday to friday. I recalled that my dad picked me up, I was so tired and I always fell asleep in the car. Petite wida with chubby cheeks, fell asleep and my dad would wake me up when we got home. I kind missed my childhood.
And I remember that I always wore the same jilbab every year. I had my maroon, green, and batik jilbab and my white head scarf. Somehow, my mom never bought another costume and i never asked her to buy another jilbab for me. I was fat at that time. And I am still big 'til now.

Back to the lady, I asked her where her daughter was at that moment. She said, she worked and is a mom of 2 or 3 year old baby. And what about me? still single and works at bla..bla..bla...
She just nodded her head. She didn't ask 'are you married?' Good...whereas she hoped that I would marry to someone soon. Great....!!!
During the reunion. My dad's colleagues and him talked about their old days and their miserable days where they had their first baby and not much money with them to get their wives out the hospital. And they remembered how my dad would be in hurry when the clock showed 3 o'clock. Well, it was time for my dad to jump into his motorbike to ride Yogya-Semarang. The same route that he had to pass for 10 years before he brought my mom and me moving into Yogya.
He said that it was tough. And once he got Yogya on one monday morning, my mom suddenly called his office said that I got very high fever and I got "step". And my dad just rode his motorbike bak to Semarang in order to take me to hospital. I was just quiet listening to him. I am not closed to him. I wrote this post and I cried. Can't help it. Suddenly my tears dropped. I love you, Daddy. And today, suddenly I always sang Dance with my father - Celine Dion.
I openede my YM and wrote my status "Dance with My Father". A friend of mine asked in what occasion, wida that you want to dance with your father.

What I had today was a blessing day from Him. I spent one day with my dad. That would never happen before today. I would definitely say no if my mom asked me to accompany my dad if she couldn't do so. Guess..today is the time for him and me to sit and to chat with his old friends.




No comments: